Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sewing...or, ATTEMPTING to sew...


I've never been very good at sewing. Ever.

I took a sewing class in high school, my grandma taught me some techniques, but I still struggle. However, my friend's mom gave me her old sewing machine and that thing works like a champ. It small and mighty, and way easier to use than the one my mom has.

Here are the two things I made to practice getting back into the swing of things. I didn't use any patterns because I don't remember how to read them, but I'm hoping to work on that. LOL.

My friend wanted and apron...ask and you shall receive!

I love the fabric so much. Actually, I love it so much that I ended up buying all of it, and now I have so much left. I'm not sure what I will do with it, but I'll find something...I hope. ;-)
Secondly, I made a trash bag for my car. I was tired of shoving receipts and straw wrappers in the cup holders. I hung it up with a command strip and it was good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment