Thursday, March 26, 2015

DIY - Minion Wine Stopper




One of my very best friends turned 21 this past week, and she also happens to love minions. So, I knew I had to incorporate that into part of her gift in some way, shape or form. Our friend Abby engraved the cutest minion wine glasses ever. Seriously. It was precious. (And so neat that it inspired me to try my hand at engraving, too. I just love them!) So, if you have a minion wine glass, surely you could use a minion wine stopper!


 What I learned with the project is that: I hate detailed painting...because I am so bad at it! So bad that I made my brother paint the black band and the eye for me. Yes, I will admit it. And painting on a sphere is pretty hard, if you ask me.

Anyways, what I did was, paint the face on the sphere and than spray it with a clear matte finish. (I am seriously in love with that stuff!) and hot glued it to the stopper part. It just so happens that I happened to have that on hand. The top part of one of my wine stoppers broke, and I saved the bottom stopper part because I knew I might need it for something someday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment